Let’s put it in this perspective:
- There are 168 hours every week
- 24 of those hours can be not counted for a sabbath
- leaving 144 hours in a working week
- 96 hours per week if you remove an average of 8 hours per day for sleep (not counting the sabbath b/c we counted 24 hours there)
- 9.6 hours if I were to work for the Lord 10% of my awake time, leaving 86.4 hours
- I make a living with an average of 45 hours/week
- I have 41.4 hours every week for everything else.
This actually worries me, because sometimes I wonder if I give God that much time each week outside church services. What scares me MORE is the question of “what am I doing with the other 41.4 hours of my week?”
How about you?